Senior Human Resources Officer
The Opportunity – Senior Human Resources Officer
Post location: oPt Country Office - Ramallah
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 2 years (Renewable)
The Senior HR Officer plays a key role in ensuring high-quality, timely technical HR support, business partnering with hiring managers to ensure and highlight the alignment to our mission and values, following the talent acquisition best practices, and SCI reward principles, selecting high caliber talents that will be able to support the delivery of our organizational strategy, Maintaining high standards, relevant administrative processes associated with recruitment, liaising with other HR team members to ensure effective on boarding of new joiners.
In addition, the post holder will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of Learning & Development plans/programs, staff performance management (Develop to Perform), and will be accountable for the provision of effective HR services in the oPt CO, in line with SCI global policies and procedures and compliant with the Palestinian local labor laws and regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Staff reporting to this post: NA
Role Dimensions: oPt CO is a highly complex country, with multi-member interest, an annual budget of around $12-15 m, and approximately with 70 staff members
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Key Area 1: Talent Acquisition & On-boarding:
- Responsible for oPt country office in the end-to-end recruitment process for national & international positions at different grades.
- Participate in national job evaluation for some positions if needed, in line with SCI standards
- Support in reviewing JDs to ensure compliance with SCI format and standards.
- Responsible for opening the requisitions on SCI recruitment system, and launching/advertising on the different job boards.
- Do longlisting, support in shortlisting and scheduling interviews while ensuring child safeguarding standards are met during the process.
- Arrange interviews and represent HR in the interview board.
- Conduct pre-offer checks and ensure all SCI requirements are in place; internal vetting and re-hire check are done through TALEO before having the employment contract signed.
- Preparation of new joiner offer packs, for national and international, to be reviewed by HR Manager, budget holder, hiring Manager and Country Director and get it approved prior to extending,
- Ensure having the proper documentation of performed recruitment processes, from sourcing to offering stage. Liaise with recruiters to ensure full documentation of the recruitment process is in place
- Support in the onboarding of new hires, national and international, and follow up on mandatory training (passport to success) progress.
- Liaise with all heads of functions to ensure proper induction plans for new joiners.
- Ensuring that the recruitment process is reflected on SCI recruitment system from the job opening until the on boarding.
- Prepare the employment contracts and attach all mandatory policies and JD.
Key Area 2: Learning & development:
- Create, design, and deliver Learning & Development (L&D) solutions to support the country’s L&D plan using a blend of methodologies, following 70, 20, 10 methodologies.
- Ensuring that every L&D intervention has a clear improved performance focus aims that enable robust evaluation of the Learning effectiveness.
- Undertake an evaluation of all L&D interventions at between one and three months following the learning & development event, and report against agreed KPIs.
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Record, collate and retain management information (Learning & Development tracker) to demonstrate progress against KPIs and departmental goals and objectives.
- Contribute to L&D communications using a variety of mediums, mail, paper etc.
- Provide support to all staff in a way that will motivate and empower them and engage in long-term personal development
- Designing, both in-house and with expert third parties, a solution that includes a blended approach to learning
- Ensure effective performance management system is in place and equipped/trained all the line managers/staff on the SCI performance management system D2P, providing ongoing assistance and guidance and promoting learning and development to all staff, teams, and individuals/partners.
- Follow up on the completion of quarterly performance evaluations, and setting annual goals.
- Assist the HR Manager in preparing the L&D plans after analyzing the individual and organizational needs of staff
- Lead the L&D bi-weekly sessions for internal CO & FOs staff.
Key Area 3: Pay and Benefits:
- Update the monthly payroll sheets for national & international staff and other categorized hired individuals (Interns, volunteers, limited staff) to be processed in a timely manner, and shared with the HR Manager, Finance and Tax Advisor on monthly basis.
- Follow up with Tax Advisor for tax calculations, and issuing pay slips.
- Provide the RO/Centre with the International staff different updates/forms and documents (i.e., new starters, leavers …).
- Ensure full compliance with SC global reward policies and philosophies.
- Prepare all relevant payments and submit them to finance (i.e. leaver payment, tax advisor, per diem for surge team).
Key Area 4: General HR Operations:
- Comply with and promote Save the Children policies and practices with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Assist with ensuring the management of all aspects of HR activities and the effective delivery of HR services to staff throughout oPt CO according to SCI policies, procedures, and core values.
- Assist with ensuring appropriate and adequate emergency HR procedures are detailed in the Emergency Preparedness Plan in order to enable rapid scale-up and facilitate the HR aspects (such as deployment mechanisms) of the Emergency Response Team.
- Support the facilitation of the deployment of all emergency response staff: GHESP, short-term, regional, country-deployed staff, etc. following up on the needed arrangements, contracting, arrival, and all related issues.
- Make sure all the paperwork is completed and monitor all benefits enrolments, changes, and terminations. Facilitate all personnel issues are done from employment, staff entitlements, orientation, probation, resignation, release letters, termination, staff exit process, recommendations, and follow-up on any other personnel-related paperwork for national and international
- Perform day-to-day employee relations including maintaining awareness of all personnel policies and answering HR questions and directing employees as appropriate.
- Responsive for the monthly and quarterly reports due for the Regional Office/Centre are completed and submitted on time.
- Prepare the SC HR trackers (recruitment, payroll, staff info, and other trackers) on a timely manner.
- Share exit plans and relevant exit forms with leavers’ staff with proper timing.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of all HR different aspects including financial-related information.
- Ensure active SC cards are issued on time and distributed to staff members.
- Responsible for supporting Audit processes, providing and preparing all HR files for audits (Internal and External)
- Act as Safeguarding Focal Point.
- Support in organizing CO-wide training/workshops etc.
Any other duties as assigned by line manager or the designate.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/ Business Management/ Administration
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 4+ years of work experience in Human Resources.
- Previous experience working in an international organization.
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding, and sensitivity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent in both Arabic and English, written and spoken.
- Ability to work in a team/independently.
- Knowledge of salary and benefit structures.
- Skill in examining and developing personnel, operations, and procedures manuals, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Palestinian Labour laws and regulations.
- Skill in developing and conducting employee orientation sessions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization independently, and foster a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to supervise and train employees.
- Familiarity with HR research/survey practices and development.
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in human resources applications.
Knowledge of different donor’s rules and regulations
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 17 Nov 2022
Closing date: 4 Dec 2022 - 23:59 GMT
Location: Ramallah, Palestinian Territories
Department: Human Resources
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time