Gaza Programme Assistant / Site Engineer
The Opportunity – Gaza Programme Assistant / Site Engineer
Post location: Gaza Field Office
Number of vacancies: 3
Contract Duration and Level of Effort: 2 - 4.5 months
ROLE PURPOSE: The Site Engineer will contribute to the successful implementation of the emergency WASH programme. The position holder will be responsible for the successful quality implementation of WASH, Infrastructure activities in Gaza Strip.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Programme officer – Gaza Field Office
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Key Area 1: IMPLEMENTATION
- Day-to-day follow up of activities and implementation according to the plans
- Assist in checking specifications for the procured material.
- Follow up the quality of implementation in the field , ensuring safety conditions
- Ensure adequate filing and documentation for the entire project related field activities (documents, records, daily visits)
- Lead the process of WASH, infrastructure work in targeted areas.
- Ensuring the quality of supplied materials in accordance with local applied standards.
- Review the contractor’s daily and weekly reports.
Key Area 2: MONITORING, EVALUATION & REPORTING
- Ensure that that implementation takes place according to the project time schedules
- Coordinate with project partners at the field level
- Actively participate in the project regular project meetings
- Assist in the documentation of lessons learnt, best practice and case studies
- Work closely with the Program Officer to ensure preparation of timely and high quality reports.
Key Area 3: COMMUNICATION
- Assist in the preparation and coordination for any field visits related to the project activities.
Support PAC team in content preparation of success stories and case studies. Effectively communicate with CBOs program plans, progress and challenges.
Key Area 4: GENERAL
- Contribute and participate in emergency response activities as per the early action plan and the direction of the line manager.
- Perform other responsibilities reasonable to level of skills and experience, in agreement with the line manager based on changes in operational environment and urgent organizational needs.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 2+ years’ experience as a civil engineer and involvement in infrastructure projects
- Good experience in preparing the bid documents, engineering designs, and price analysis
- Demonstrated good experience in using computerized engineering programs
- Minimum one-year experience in programme implementation with a stronger focus on WASH, INGO experience is a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as to work autonomously when required
- Excellent reporting skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team-oriented work style, interest and experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Flexible and willing to work long working hours where necessary.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Good command of Arabic and English language skills
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
Save the Children promotes a diverse and inclusive work environment, women and people with different abilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Save the Children works in development and humanitarian contexts with children and partners to help families, communities, and governments identify and use innovations to ensure all children survive, learn and are protected.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 17 Nov 2022
Closing date: 4 Dec 2022 - 23:59 GMT
Location: Gaza, Palestinian Territories
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time