Health/ Nutrition Program Manager
Job Tittle: Health/ Nutrition Program Manager
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organization for children. It is a dual mandate organization and focuses on development and emergency response. We are currently working in 120 countries around the world touching the lives of 125 million children. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children has been working in Ukraine since 2014 when conflict in the East of the Country started. We set up a response in Education. Child Protection and Reduction of Child Poverty. The post holder will provide managerial support for nutrition programming in supported areas. The post holder will provide technical and managerial leadership to the health and nutrition teams in field offices, ensuring all activities are of a high quality and respond to assessed needs. S/he is responsible to build the capacity of health and nutrition team based in each location and ensuring that technical capacity strengthening support to MoPHP effectively addresses their priority needs. S/he is responsible for ensuring effective collaboration with partners based on principles of equality, transparency, responsibility and complementarity at each field offices. S/he will ensure excellence in project cycle management, business development efforts, and strategic planning, reporting and representation. This is a senior and strategic program position at the field level with overall health and nutrition program monitoring of delivery responsibility. The post holder will be expected to manage all the nutrition grants in line with Save the Children policies and procedures, and donor requirements. The role holder will work closely with other sectors to ensure smooth implementation of the activities and regular reporting. The post holder will be roving to multiple locations where the needs are high.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Oversee project implementation of appropriate tools and methodologies for the planning management and the monitoring of the project in links with relevant program department (program team, MEAL, finance and logistics teams)
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g., beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, donors, UN agencies, and other NGOs) and represent Medair at meetings (e.g., state and local government, sector-coordination and security) in order to ensure cooperation and partnerships.
- Manage health and nutrition program budget including BHA, ECHO, DEC budget and other donor funding to ensure program budget spend according to Save the Children protocols and donor regulations.
- Ensure monthly BvA reviews are done and expenditure checked according to the initial plan, and all program related expenditures are charged and coded correctly.
- Manage budget revisions and contribute to new proposals and programme amendments
- Lead the team to prepare timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Work with the nutrition staff, identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team.
- Ensure designated project(s) are implemented in line with donor proposals and requirements and in accordance with CSI, donor, country, and international standards e.g., Sphere and HAP standards, WHO recommendations, etc. Follow the direction of the relevant advisors at GSO regarding quality, strategy, and technical guidelines.
- Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programmes and interventions during field visits and at other relevant times.
- Work with MEAL team to ensure that the required data is collected, reported, utilized for decision-making.
- Ensure integration and the links between health programmes and nutrition, WASH, Protection and shelter.
- Ensure that appropriate capacity-strengthening initiatives are afforded to partners as part of ongoing project implementation.
- Coordinate effectively with other NGOs, CSO and UN agencies that are working in Health
- Maintain oversight of Save the Children Ukraine’s pharmaceutical supplies in country
- Promote and push for the awareness and utilisation of Child Safeguarding reporting mechanisms
- Liaise with the PDQ department to input into funding proposals to ensure health in integrated into the overall portfolio.
- Support the Health Technical Adviser to ensure that all activities are reported to relevant Cluster(s)
- Contribute to communications and media work as required
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master degree in Public Health, Medicine, Nutrition, or Nursing, with at least 5 years of professional experiences with NGOs, and 3 years in a similar role in Nutrition & Health.
Significant management experience in emergency, fragile state or development Health/Nutrition programme
- Language advanced skills in English, spoken and written.
- Previous experience of project management, and team management.
- Knowledge of Humanitarian Essentials, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian guidelines and protocols. Advanced planning, assessment, and analytical skills. Good report and proposal writing skills.
- Good communication and negotiation skills. Problem solving ability. Security Management.
- Knowledge of institutional donors and experience of managing grants, particularly with DEC, ECHO and BHA.
- Strong ability to provide technical support in project proposal and strong skills in management and staff capacity building.
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Language advanced skills in Ukrainian.
- Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
-Access to a Schengen visa is required for positions in Ukraine**
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 20 Nov 2022
Closing date: 6 Dec 2022 - 23:59 GMT
Location: DNIPRO, Ukraine
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time